[c-nsp] pseudo standby - FWSM

szilard csordas redmond at freemail.hu
Tue Jan 17 16:32:18 EST 2006

Hello!

I had a strange situation with two FWSM's one in each 6509
(sup720) chassis.

When the "firewall vlan-group 1" VLANs were different
(missconfiguration),  the standby unit went to the "pseudo standby"
state (output from: sh failover) and started to answer to ARP requests
which were addressed to the primary unit.

With the same VLAN config and after "no failover" and "failover"
command on the standby unit, everything was fine.

Has anyone else seen this "pseudo standby" state?
I haven't found usefull information on cisco.com

same images

IOS: 122-18.SXD6
FWSM: 2.3(2)

reg,