[c-nsp] SFM and Sup720 and 7600

Kim Onnel karim.adel at gmail.com
Thu Jan 19 08:48:28 EST 2006

Ok, now i understand that in 6500/7600 arch. a fabric is needed, so if you
have Sup 1 or 2, u dont have fabric and you should purchase the SFM if you
need to add more GE ports but if you have Sup720 then no SFM is needed for
addition GE ports,

Whats the diff. between fabric-enabled or not modules ?

I really get confused with the switching terms, fabric, backplane,
fabroic-enabled...

Any simple resource to understand this, other than Networkers slides ?