[c-nsp] SFM and Sup720 and 7600

Kevin Graham mahargk at gmail.com
Thu Jan 19 11:35:41 EST 2006

On 1/19/06, Gert Doering <gert at greenie.muc.de> wrote:

> All modules can use the backbplane bus (as far as I understand).

Not always -- 68xx is fabric-only.

> > I really get confused with the switching terms, fabric, backplane,
> > fabroic-enabled...
> >
> Hmmm, I have no URL at hand, sorry.  There are some good documents on
> www.cisco.com

The "Catalyst 6000 and 6500 Architecture" white paper (which includes
'a day in the life of a packet in a cat 6000') is probably the best
overviews of any of Cisco's platforms.

Sadly, it appears to have disappeared from CCO (I'm guessing since it
didn't cover the 720 fabric). Does anyone know if it's going to get
updated/replaced?