[c-nsp] Emulating 7200 hardware to run IOS

Chris Cappuccio chris at nmedia.net
Wed Jan 25 02:28:01 EST 2006

Joost greene [joost.greene at gmail.com] wrote:

> any feedback on such software and is it legal or not to write one ? were
> there any attempts before ?

You mean http://www.ipflow.utc.fr/index.php/Cisco_7200_Simulator

Nobody seems to have been put in jail for writing a system emulator before.
As for the startup code, copying cisco ROMs would be illegal but duplicating
their functions isn't.  I would imagine you are violating a number of Cisco
license agreements when you uncompress the Cisco IOS image and try to run
it.... Well, anyways....how could you agree to something you've never actually
read?

--
"Don Rumsfeld has been chewing on my ankles." -- Dick Cheney