[c-nsp] Re: TACACS+ authentication

Kanagaraj Krishna kanagaraj at aims.com.my
Wed Jan 25 03:16:23 EST 2006

Hi,
     I'm currently using the shrubbery TACACS+ server. My network consist of different vendor equipments (Cisco, Juniper and Extreme). I want to standardize the login for all the equipments (one login for all equipments). I have a few questions:

- How can I make TACACS+ differentiate the type of devices because the username & password will be the same? Using the telnet ip address i assume, but not
  sure how to do it. If there are other alternatives please share. For an example i set a login for a juniper router, but i could use it to login into my cisco as well   (which is not right, because there are different authorization settings for JUNOS and IOS).

- How can I configure such that, when a person logs into a Cisco router it automatically goes into a specific privilege (enable) level? I want to save the hassle of
   having the user entering another password into enable mode.

Regards,
Kanagaraj Krishna