[c-nsp] 2821, 2851, 3825, 3845 benchmarks or lack thereof.

Christopher J. Wolff chris at bblabs.com
Sat Jan 28 02:05:59 EST 2006

There's been a lot of discussion lately about which router could take the
place of a 7206 as a jack-of-all-trades toolkit.  So I've been looking at
these 28X1s and 38X5 series lately but the best the cisco website can tell
me is the results of a "miercom report" which doesn't really give me PPS
specs to match up on.

So if I wanted to use a 2851 as an edge router to take two DS3's with full
bgp feeds, for example, would it handle it?  I googled through some old
cisco-nsp posts but it seems like other folks have as much curiosity as I
have on these new routers.  With up to a gig of ram it seems like the 28X1
should be as good as a 7206vxr/NPE300.

Thanks!