[c-nsp] 2821, 2851, 3825, 3845 benchmarks or lack thereof.

Dave Temkin dave at ordinaryworld.com
Sat Jan 28 10:02:25 EST 2006

One thing to keep in mind is that the pps numbers don't seem to stack up
versus their counterparts in real world tests.   I hammered the 2821's and
3825's with IXIA/SmartBits type stuff and while they were close, these
boxes seemed to run out of steam before hitting 100% CPU (ie, the 2821
would level off at around, say, 140kpps and then just not move anything
higher than that, but had no signs of dropping traffic  -just delay).