[c-nsp] Actual traffic by ASN..?

Rubens Kuhl Jr. rubensk at gmail.com
Sat Jan 28 20:34:08 EST 2006

> I have some (not particularly elegant) netflow scripts I don't mind
> sending you that will give daily textual reports of traffic per-ASN,
> there's nothing really stopping you running it every 5 mins to give a
> near-realtime view if you have the CPU power available.

I assume your scripts depend on having ASN information on the Netflow
packets... I saw a good presentation on doing traffic analysis without
having a full-routing table on the router, but the scripts to do that
were not released.

Does somebody have or know any scripts that would do such a thing ?
This implies using 3rd-party BGP data like route-views to run the
analysis, but is really helpful when you are considering ASN, CIDR and
peering agreements but the only thing you have is a default route.

Rubens