[c-nsp] STM4 over SIP-400 versus OSM

Kim Onnel karim.adel at gmail.com
Mon Jan 30 04:53:46 EST 2006

OSM is EoL/S/blah very soon
SIP are the modern thing with good performance and cost

What you need to look for is 7600 arch.,
I'm sure you know that with the wrong mix of cards you could degrade the
performance of your switch/router,

There's the Sup32 new card which is promising, but it doesnt have a switch
fabric unlike the Sup720, and even if you have Sup720, which PFC you run ?

You can also upgrade your PFC to 3BXL if needed (SIP600) i guess?