[c-nsp] sup720 CoPP/ratelimiters

Saku Ytti saku+cisco-nsp at ytti.fi
Mon Jan 30 10:02:07 EST 2006

On (2006-01-30 15:45 +0100), Gert Doering wrote:

> When we had the problem with the ARP broadcast storm recently, the
> ARP traffic was drowning out the "other" class (and thus customers
> complained that they couldn't ping their gateway anymore).
>
> Not knowing the document you quote, I just tried "match arp", and was
> happy to see that it works just fine... :-)
>
> So while I have no official statement regarding "match protocol arp"
> support, I can claim inofficially that I've seen it working on at least
> one box...

 match clns also appears to work in VXR, but is not supported. I've
personally been bitten in past by delpoying things that work (at that time)
but are not supported, which I try to avoid now as much as possible. Only
it's quite tedious to figure out what should work and what should not,
especially with GSR typically only DE can answer the questions :/
 I would only use CoPP with features that Cisco explicitly claims
to support.

--
  ++ytti