[c-nsp] SVI's on 3550s

Aivars aivars at ml.lv
Mon Jan 30 12:11:02 EST 2006

Ok, sorry, my fault!

I did not know that switch takes into account
allowed vlans on trunks. My assumption was that if you use vlans, you
must have at least one trunk port on the switch and this way the vlan
interface stays up.

Since the switch does take in account witch vlans are allowed on
trunk(s) when putting vlan interface up or down, it might be a good idea
to remove the particular vlan from the trunk if it is not needed
there - switchport trunk allowed vlan remove xxx.

Aivars