[c-nsp] cisco-nsp Digest, Vol 43, Issue 106

Michael Robson Michael.Robson at manchester.ac.uk
Sun Jul 2 05:33:39 EDT 2006

> I've been trying to find a way using Cisco IOS to forcefully
> redirect SMTP traffic to a specified source.  So we have 1000
> users at a remote site for example and some want to use
> specific SMTP servers for sending out mail but we want to
> force their SMTP traffic to our mail server ...
> Just an example...

Another quick and dirty solution to throw into the pot. Something I used a
while ago to redirect web traffic on IOS to a server for web-based
authentication. I used a route map to match web traffic and set the next hop
to the required server ip address- might be worth a try (it worked a treat
for me until I had time to sort out something more elegant).

Michael Robson.