[c-nsp] Server NIC teaming and port-security

Colin Whittaker colin at netech.ie
Tue Jul 4 15:11:21 EDT 2006

On Tue, Jul 04, 2006 at 07:34:10PM +0100, Jee Kay wrote:
> Has anyone else seen this sort of thing, or have any recommendations
> for how best to solve it? I'd prefer to keep port-security enabled on
> these switchports if at all possible.

Set the maximum number of mac address per port to 2 or 3. So that the
physical port plus the mac that the teamed inbterface uses can be
learnt.

When a server boots / fails over you may see a log entry about the mac
flipping between two ports. These messages can be ignored.

Colin
--
Colin Whittaker						+353 (0)86 8211 965
http://colin.netech.ie				   colin@(magnet|netech).ie