[c-nsp] Server NIC teaming and port-security

Jee Kay jeekay at gmail.com
Wed Jul 5 04:51:55 EDT 2006

On 04/07/06, Asbjorn Hojmark - Lists <lists at hojmark.org> wrote:
> What platform and version are you on? There's CSCei17712, which
> I had submitted for the DSBU switches (2960/3560/3570). Teaming
> was one of the arguments that I used. The behavior was fixed in
> SED.

This is all happening on 4503s, running 12.2(25)EWA5... That bug
doesn't appear to include this platform at all but I see the same
behaviour :) And the work arounds are a bit poor to be honest... the
whole point of having two links is to be able to survive a
card/cable/switch failing without an interruption to service, and
having to lower the aging time enough to do that (ie sub-second) would
effectively remove the point of running port-security in the first
place.

On a side note, the bug tool doesn't seem to know that 4000s have IOS
available on them...

Ras