[c-nsp] PPP MTU and RADIUS

Oliver Boehmer (oboehmer) oboehmer at cisco.com
Wed Jul 5 12:04:30 EDT 2006

Robert Collier <> wrote on Wednesday, July 05, 2006 5:50 PM:

> I'm tearing my hair out trying to get the Framed-MTU radius attribute
> to work.
>
> I have a 7206vxr npe-g1 acting as an LNS, and I want to set the MTU on
> a per user basis. I include the 'Framed-MTU = 1492' attribute/value
> pair in my radius response but the MTU stays at 1500 unless I
> explicitly set a different MTU on the virtual template.

As far as I know, we ignore this attribute for PPP as LCP has already
negotiated it by the time the user is authenticated, and we did not
implement LCP renegotiation for this case. You could possibly workaround
by setting the MTU via lcp:interface-config.. maybe only set the "ip
mtu" if you really must, or use different vpdn-groups and reference
different vtemplate for your DSL/PPPoE and the other users able to
send/receive 1500 bytes pkts..

	oli