[c-nsp] logging interface up/down events - not working?

Asbjorn Hojmark - Lists lists at hojmark.org
Sat Jul 8 19:14:29 EDT 2006

> Just deployed a couple 6500s with Sup32s and Sup720s running
> 12.2(18)SXF4 and 12.2(18)SXD7.
>
> In a prior life I ran a bunch of boxes with Sup2s and am used
> to see interface up/down events in syslog or even on 'term
> monitor'.  I don't see that on these boxes.

Are you using the global command ('logging event link-status
default')? I had CSCsd78306 filed for that problem, and I see
that it still isn't fixed.

> Did the default logging monitor level change?  I'm missing
> something pretty obvious, right?

As a work-around, you can configure 'logging event link-status'
per interface. (That's probably why they haven't found time to
fix it).

If the above matches your scenario, maybe you could open a TAC
case (sorry, 'service request') and ask for it to be linked to
the DDTS? The more the merrier.

-A