[c-nsp] BGP Route Reflectors

Alex Foster afoster at gammatelecom.com
Tue Jul 11 05:49:00 EDT 2006

I am in the process of changing our current BGP architecture from single
site to dual site with some additional upstream peers.  Currently our
architecture is fairly simple and common:

	ISP 'A'			ISP 'B'
	   |			    |
	   |			    |
	   |			    |
	Router- A  -----iBGP------- Router B

Were now looking to change it to this:

ISP 'A'			ISP 'B'
Site A			 Site A
	   |			    |
	   |			    |
	   |			    |
	Router A  -----iBGP------- Router B
               |			    |
 	   |			    |
	 iBGP			  iBGP
	   |			    |
	   |			    |
	Router C  ------iBGP------ Router D
	   |			    |
	   |			    |
	   |			    |
	ISP 'C'			ISP 'D'
	Site B			Site B

Im aware that the four core routers are not fully meshed - and that I
need to implement some route reflection.  My understanding of this is
grainy at best so here is my stab at what I think needs to be done:

Router C and Router B are RR in the same cluster with router A and D as
clients.
Router A and Router D are RR in the same cluster with router B and C as
clients.

Would this provide me with the correct RR resilience whilst avoiding any
potential routing loops ??  Is this the best way to implement this or is
there a better way ??

Thanks

Alex

The information in this e-mail and any attachments is confidential and may be subject to legal professional privilege. It is intended solely for the attention and use of the named addressee(s). If you are not the intended recipient, or person responsible for delivering this information to the intended recipient, please notify the sender immediately. Unless you are the intended recipient or his/her representative you are prohibited from, and therefore must not, read, copy, distribute, use or retain this message or any part of it. The views expressed in this e-mail may not represent those of Gamma Telecom.

This message has been scanned for viruses by MailController