[c-nsp] BGP Route Reflectors

Alex Foster afoster at gammatelecom.com
Tue Jul 11 07:15:37 EDT 2006

It will not be possible for me to implement a full mesh (at the physical
level), due to restrictions on ports/connectivity between sites - hence
my desire to run partial-mesh with route-reflectors.  The # of ISPs is
really to allow us to maintain complete diversity across both sites - so
that if we loose site A all traffic would use the alternative links
through site B (and still have upstream resilience).  The nature of
traffic is VOIP so high-availability is important to us in all
scenarios.

Now that you understand my network options - I have had feedback from
another list member who has advised me to steer clear of clustering and
to configure each router as a RR with the corresponding iBGP peers as
clients:

Router A is RR to clients B and C
Router B is RR to clients D and A
Router C is RR to clients A and D
Router D is RR to clients B and C

This would seem to make sense to me - but then Im no expert - so if you
have any additional ideas or feedback, feel free to comment.

Regards

Alex