[c-nsp] BGP Route Reflectors

Alex Foster afoster at gammatelecom.com
Tue Jul 11 07:57:13 EDT 2006

Okay, so separating the physical topology - provided I'm running IGP - I can create iBGP peering between the loopbacks of routers that are not directly connected ??  Throughout any diagrams I looked at I always assumed that a full-mesh iBGP network inferred that a physical connection existed between each and every router (now that I consider that statement - it would seem ludicrous to expect that).

So in my scenario we don't need RRs just iBGP full-mesh as such:

Router A - iBGP to Loopback of Routers B,C,D
Router B - iBGP to Loopback of Routers A,C,D
Router C - iBGP to Loopback of Routers A,B,D
Router D - iBGP to Loopback of Routers A,B,C

Hopefully its as simple as that.

Regards

Alex