[c-nsp] MPLS TE tunnel output drops

Jon Lewis jlewis at lewis.org
Mon Jul 17 00:52:08 EDT 2006

I'm trying to configure a few new TE tunnels with explict paths and have
run into a problem with one.  For all the tunnels involved, I'm using
policy routing on other interfaces to set interface TunnelX and force
traffic into the appropriate tunnel.  One of the Tunnel interfaces drops
any packets routed into it.  How do I find the reason for 100% output
drops on a TE tunnel?  sh mpls traffic-eng tunnels says the broken tunnel
is up and the explicit path is in use.

Other than the paths configured (and IOS versions), there's really no
difference between the working tunnels and the non-working tunnel.