[c-nsp] Cisco 12012 Power Question

Paul Stewart pstewart at nexicomgroup.net
Mon Jul 17 08:49:19 EDT 2006

Does anyone know on the 12012 dual DC platform what the *real* power
requirements are?  My reason is that the Cisco spec calls for 60 amps
per power supply and this seems really huge in my view....

With dual power, would it not be load balanced so the combined draw
would not exceed 60 amps?  I realize this is a loaded quesiton depending
on what cards are in the chassis - basically 4 single line GE cards, 2
of the 8 port FE cards and dual route processors....

Thanks in advance,

Paul Stewart
Network Administrator
Nexicom Inc.