[c-nsp] Failover for Router w/Advanced Security IOS

Garry Glendown gkg at gmx.de
Mon Jul 17 15:04:12 EDT 2006

Hi,

I'm planing on deploying a 3825 for use as a central MPLS VPN Firewall
on our backbone. In order to ensure HA, I was wondering to degree a
failover mechanism is available for IOS. I found docs on stateful VPN
failover, and a data sheet that stated that stateful active/standby
failover with "most TCP-based services" was available for 37, 38 and 72
series routers, plus some other docs. Knowing the "usual" discrepancies
between (white)papers and reality, I was wondering if anybody here has
any experiences with this in real life (TM) ...

Tnx, -garry