[c-nsp] DNS forwarding/proxy

Florian Prester Florian.Prester at rrze.uni-erlangen.de
Tue Jul 18 07:12:01 EDT 2006

Oliver Boehmer (oboehmer) wrote:
> Check out "Split DNS" feature (very new, 12.4(9)T,
> http://www.cisco.com/en/US/products/ps6441/products_feature_guide09186a0
> 0806bd780.html), which could do what you need, but likely not on your
> platform :-|
>
> What are yoy trying to achieve?

We are restructuring a network, containing about 500 Clients which are
used to take the default gateway as DNS-Server too.
But within the new network there is a different DNS-Server, which IP is
unequal to the default GW.

So now I want to redirect the DNS-Traffic so I, or the others do not
have to alter all the DNS-Server-Entries on the Clients, unfortunately
they do not use dhcp, yet.

Florian