[c-nsp] bgp filtering to save memory question

Pete Templin petelists at templin.org
Tue Jul 18 08:41:00 EDT 2006

Niels Bakker wrote:

> But also sadly without connectivity to a whole bunch of networks with
> legitimate /24 allocations from their respective RIRs.

Incorrect, he will have connectivity.

> I assume that those POP routers have a default route and that there is a
> practical reason why you're loading a partial table on them, but for the
> record I'd like to state that on the Internet today you will not get
> full connectivity if you filter out /24 and longer prefixes (and 0/0).

No need to assume.  In the original post, he already stated he has a
default route in place, so there's no need to trash him here.

Not everyone out there has revenue streams in place, in every
potentially relevant POP, to upgrade to gear suitable for full table.
Oh well, life goes on.

pt