[c-nsp] can a VPN3000 do this?

Adam Greene maillist at webjogger.net
Tue Jul 18 15:43:09 EDT 2006

Hi,

We have two sets of customers who need access to a server on our network.
One set (set A) will access the server via a VPN. The other set (set B) will
access it directly (no VPN).

My question is this: can I position a VPN3000 concentrator somewhere on the
network, in such a way that customer set A does not need to pass through it
to connect to the server, but customer set B does? i.e. the server would not
be directly "behind" the VPN3000. Customer set A would bypass the VPN3000
entirely. Customer set B, on the other hand, would establish a session to
the VPN3000 and then tunnel through to the server.

I haven't configured a VPN3000 before, so I'm not sure if this kind of setup
is possible.

Thanks for your advice,
Adam

---
[This e-mail was scanned for viruses by our AntiVirus Protection System]