[c-nsp] EDNS

Kretchmer, Sam samk at playboy.com
Wed Jul 19 14:41:28 EDT 2006

I have a cisco 2811 doing standard overload NAT, and have an ip inspect
statement to turn on the IOS firewall features. With this on I have
trouble with clients internally doing recursive DNS lookups. I have
found lots of reference to this problem on a PIX, and about it having to
do with the PIX not supporting EDNS from Microsoft. Is the code used for
the IOS firewall the same as the PIX code? Has anyone heard of this ENDS
problem affecting a 2811 using IOS firewall?

Thanks

Sam