[c-nsp] Route or Tunnel?

Phil Bedard philxor at gmail.com
Fri Jul 21 12:31:07 EDT 2006

I would think you'd need to use two different interfaces since the crypto
map is defined on the actual interface and the traffic would obviously have
the same source/destination IPs.    It would be easier with IPSEC Tunnel
interfaces, just higher metric static route would be needed, but you have an
ASA.

I guess my question is what is the backup tunnel going to fix if those
routes aren't reachable via OSPF and the tunnel traverses the same T1?
What failure condition have you seen that this would solve the problem?

Phil