[c-nsp] Netflow on 7600

Tim Stevenson tstevens at cisco.com
Fri Jul 21 16:52:42 EDT 2006

At 10:41 PM 7/21/2006 +0200, coueffe charly exclaimed:
>Hi,
>
>I have a cisco 7600 and i want to use Netflow on peering interfaces in
>output. I use ip flow egress command on those interfaces, but I receive
>informations on all interfaces.
>
>I don't understand because i don't have enable on another interfaces.

It is a limitation of the current software - you will get software NF
stats exported only for the interfaces you configured, but you will
get hardware NF stats exported for all active flows in the h/w NF
table. There is a roadmap to support per-interface h/w flow creation
but it's not there today.

Another option is sampled NF which will export h/w stats info only
for the interfaces you specify. Even with sampling the h/w flows are
still created for all interfaces today, but only the flow info
associated with interfaces having mls netflow sampling will get exported.

Tim

Tim Stevenson, tstevens at cisco.com
Routing & Switching CCIE #5561
Technical Marketing Engineer, Catalyst 6500
Cisco Systems, http://www.cisco.com
IP Phone: 408-526-6759