[c-nsp] Cisco 1811(W) Crashing - latest IOS and have replaced with another unit

Reuben Farrelly reuben-cisco-nsp at reub.net
Sat Jul 22 01:39:50 EDT 2006

On 22/07/2006 5:31 p.m., Skeeve Stevens wrote:
> Anyone able to point me to what this might mean?
>
> System returned to ROM by address error at PC 0x81565E88, address 0x81565E88
> at 13:40:46 AEST Sat Jul 22 2006
>
> The router is running the freshest image available:  System image file is
> "flash:c181x-advipservicesk9-mz.124-9.T.bin"
>
> I had this happen a few times on a 1811W, and I just had it replaced with a
> 1811 the other day and the exact same thing is happening to the new unit as
> well.
>
> Bug? Being hit hard? Any hints to where I would start looking?

I suggest you open a TAC case then, as that is what you are paying them for.  If
it is hardware then you're going to need them anyway to do an RMA.
You do have maintenance on the device, right?

I have been running 12.4(9)T on an 1841 and it has been good, but as with all T
releases you should only run them in production if you have to........

Reuben