[c-nsp] Putting access port traffic into VLANs dependent on type

Jee Kay jeekay at gmail.com
Mon Jul 24 09:11:22 EDT 2006

The Extreme switches I have, have some functionality to have a port
set as an access port, but for traffic to be put into various
different VLANs depending on some parameters (layer 3/4
protocol/port). This has been very useful in the past where we're
using cheap'n'cheerful non-dot1q switches as aggregation devices for
lots of low-traffic links.

Can I do something similar with a Cisco? (specifically on a
WS-C2950G-48-EI running 12.1(22)EA4). I need to be able to put traffic
into various VLANs depending on the source IP address of the traffic.

Thanks in advance,
Ras