[c-nsp] Cat 6500 - SIP module

vince anton mvanton at gmail.com
Wed Jul 26 14:47:21 EDT 2006

Hi All,

Besides the gig ethernet interfaces on the SUP-32, as well as the ports on
the 4148A-GE line card as per the thread of a few weeks back.   I also see
that there is a SIP card which takes SPA modules.  Its listed as a WAN
module as it supports POS/ATM and many other modules including Gig
Ethernet.  Can someone tell me what the difference between GigEthernet SPA
over the GigEthernet interfaces onboard the SUP32 and the 4148A (apart from
the fact that the 4148 ports are shared) when they are used with L3
functionality, ie not as L2 switch ports ?

Thanks

anton