[c-nsp] open source vpn 3000 resource monitoring tools?

Justin M. Streiner streiner at cluebyfour.org
Fri Jul 28 12:53:36 EDT 2006

On Fri, 28 Jul 2006, Alex Valentine wrote:

> Are there any open source tools that will monitor resources on a cisco
> 3000 series vpn? I've used a check_snmp_mem  nagios plugin for our
> routers, but it doesn't appear to work on the vpn concentrators.

What resources do you want to monitor?  Keep in mind that the VPN 3000 is
actually technology that Cisco acquired from Altiga several years ago, so
chances are that anything outside of normal MIB-II stuff will be in the
vendor-specific MIBs.  Those MIBs will likely use a vendor ID that is
different from Cisco's.

It's been awhile since I looked at the SNMP capabilities in the VPN 3000,
but if I get a chance to look at the MIBs, I can probably get you pointed
in the right direction.

jms