[c-nsp] Disabling IP->MPLS TOS/DSCP Reflection

David Freedman david.freedman at uk.clara.net
Mon Jun 5 05:35:16 EDT 2006

Are we any nearer to being able to do this?

Rather than re-marking TOS/DSCP on the IP packets ingressing the network
(currently done with policy) it would be far easier to "throw a switch"
which would disable Cisco's automatic TOS/DSCP reflection into the MPLS
layer for everything ingressing that LER.

I can't understand why this feature can't just be "turned off"
there must be a simple solution to this!

(FYI, platform in question is 12XXX with E2 linecards hence an ingress
service policy is not really a good solution)

Thanks in advance for anyone who can point me in the right direction,

Kind Regards,

David Freedman