[c-nsp] 7206VXR NPE upgrade

MrPaul mrpaular at gmail.com
Mon Jun 5 07:49:48 EDT 2006

On 6/5/06, Nicolas VISENTIN <visentin at tasfrance.com> wrote:
> Hello,
>
> I have a cisco 7206VXR router which is running with a Network Processing
> Engine 300. I need to upgrade this Network Processing Engine 300 by
> Network Processing Engine 400 (more memory).
> This router is currently running the IOS Version 12.2(25)S4 and Boot
> Helper Version 12.0(10)S.
> Had I to upgrade my IOS and my Boot helper images ?
> According to Cisco website NPE400 runs with this IOS release, but it is
> the first time I do this upgrade and I would not like to crash the router !
>
> Thx for your help.

It ships with the proper bootloader installed...no need to touch that.
 It should run pretty much any 12.2 IOS (docs say 12.1(3A)E,
12.1(5)T1, 12.0(14)S and newer).

Be sure to save a copy of your config and IOS as you'll need them
after you place the new processor in your router.

You'll probably have more benefit by upgrading to a NPE-G1 however.

Paul