[c-nsp] CE500 vs 2950?

Adam Greene maillist at webjogger.net
Mon Jun 5 11:56:07 EDT 2006

Hi,

We've always used the WS-C2950-24 as our L2 link aggregators in a service
provider environment, haven't done too much QoS, just trunk a lot of
customer VLANs through them to our L3 switching core.

I see there is a WS-CE500-24TT out now which is a little less expensive,
offers the same 10/100 ports as the 2950 plus a couple of 10/100/1000
uplinks, supports 802.1q trunking (albeit only 32 VLANs), and seems to have
a faster backplane.

Has anyone had experience with the CE-500's? Should I be looking to these as
the preferred alternative for new installs?

thanks for your input,
Adam

---
[This e-mail was scanned for viruses by our AntiVirus Protection System]