[c-nsp] Traffic stats on SVIs

Jee Kay jeekay at gmail.com
Mon Jun 5 15:32:15 EDT 2006

On 05/06/06, sthaug at nethelp.no <sthaug at nethelp.no> wrote:
> As far as I know, no 3550/3560/3750 series switch can do this. You can
> get statistics per physical interface and that's basically it.

Interesting... I wonder what it is that's incrementing counters
occasionally - probably just locally sourced traffic or some such
magic?

On a side note, where does one learn of these sorts of caveats? What
platforms are available that collect these sorts of stats? Is there
some other way of getting per-VLAN stats over a trunked interface
(subinterfaces don't seem to work very well on this hardware either)?

Thanks,
Ras