[c-nsp] CPUHOG log messages

Yuri Lukin lists at swaggi.com
Mon Jun 5 20:10:23 EDT 2006

Tony Li wrote ..

> To really see what's going on, you need to both see the source and
> sometimes have a debugger sitting there with an unstripped binary
> version of the image, disassembling the routines as necessary.  Not
> found on CCO.  ;-)
>
> Unfortunately, the traceback is only ever going to give you routine
> names, which may or may not (frequently not ;-) do what you might expect
> from the name.  So the traceback is usually adequate for bug
> identification, but not much else.
>
> Tony

Debugging why a certain process caused tracebacks is a little farther
then I'm willing to go (considering I don't have source code).
However, figuring out which bug they're hitting
is something that I do quite often so if there was a way to decode
tracebacks or crash files using some tool, that would be a big help.
I can understand why Cisco makes certain things private ;)

thx