[c-nsp] Cisco Training question

Pete Templin petelists at templin.org
Tue Jun 6 13:57:34 EDT 2006

Scott Granados wrote:
> Does any one have a good pointer for information on formal Cisco
> training paths and or certification paths?  If this is your area you can
> contact me off list as well.  My company wants to spend some training
> dollars and send a few folks out to learn a bit more so any pointers
> would be helpful.

Do you want smart people, or certified people?  For smart people, build
a company lab and buy some Cisco Press books.  Quiz them internally, and
guide them from there.  For certified people, send them to boot camps.
They'll memorize a bunch of material, and walk out with a piece of paper.

Most folks go the CCNA route, then CCNP.  Push your good routerheads to
do CCIP as well.  Push your design-oriented people to do CCDA and CCDP
as well.  Push your security folk to do CCSP.

http://www.cisco.com/web/learning/le3/learning_career_certifications_and_learning_paths_home.html

pt