[c-nsp] Console Servers - Recommendations?

Brian McMahon brmcmaho at cabrillo.edu
Tue Jun 6 19:51:13 EDT 2006

On Jun 6, 2006, at 16:32, Michael K. Smith wrote:

> The 2509 & 2511 both have a special cable that has RJ-45 ends on
> the client
> side.

Even better, when you can find 'em, are the 2511-RJ models, which
have 16 RJ45 jacks instead of the high-density SCSI-like connectors
for those (R.P.I.T.A, expensive, failure-prone) "octopus" cables on
the 2509/-11 and NM-32A.  Sure wish they'd build an NM-16A-RJ.

We loved those old 2511-RJ boxes in the lab.  But you will need Cisco
console "rollover" cables, not straight-through.

--
Brian McMahon <brian dot mcmahon at cabrillo dot edu>
Computer Networking and System Administration Instructor