[c-nsp] BGP conundrum

Mark Tinka mtinka at africaonline.co.zw
Wed Jun 7 05:39:03 EDT 2006

On Tuesday 06 June 2006 16:03, Alex Foster wrote:
> I guess the whole point of the question - I wasn't really sure
> if there would be any issues, if anything, I wanted to make
> sure that BGP would be okay with the same subnet configured on
> each customer router (no chance of routing issues).

BGP only requires some way for it to reach its neighbors, once
that's up, its other properties come naturally.

In your case, your customer is redundant to "My Router A" over
eBGP. Yes, there are several things that go into the route
decision process, but with this setup, I wouldn't worry too much
about it not working well.

Mark.