[c-nsp] C2950G sh arp

Wed Jun 7 18:27:49 EDT 2006

When doing a sh arp on my c2950G switches I see a huge list of addresses
that do not belong to my network, they appear to all be on the vlan number I
choose to be my management vlan (not 1).  When I do a sh mac-add | inc
<MAC-ADDRESS> I see that the mac points to fa0/1.  My setup is simple, 3750
trunked to the 2950G's.  3750 does BGP with my upstreams.

Is this normal, when I do a sh arp on my 3750 I only see addresses from the
networks i own, it's only the switches that servers directly plug into that
seam to have this issue.  Also if I do a sh arp | exc Vlan(Management
Number) the arp table shows nothing on the 2950's.

~Shaun