[c-nsp] ATM LC on GSR

Oliver Boehmer (oboehmer) oboehmer at cisco.com
Fri Jun 9 14:04:59 EDT 2006

Yinglam Cheung <> wrote on Friday, June 09, 2006 7:01 PM:

> I have a couple of questions for ATM LC on GSR.
>
> 1. there are two quad OC3 ATM line cards: 4OC3/ATM-MM-SC and
> 4OC3X/ATM-MM-SC. The extra X is for ISE LC.
> In terms of AToM features, is there any difference on latest IOS
> 12.0(32)S? My concern is that the older one may not have all features.

there are lots of differences between the features on these two cards,
not sure if there is a comprehensive list, but I'd *strongly* suggest to
use the ISE. It has a far more advanced QoS infrastructure, especiall
important to support the ATM forum stuff..

> 2. is there any hardware revision trick like in PA-A3-OC3 in 7200?
> PA-A3-OC3 requires revision higher than 1.2 to support AToM.

no.

> 3. what's the max number of ATM VC on these two types of line cards?
> "show interface" on my 7206VXR shows the max # of VCs.

2k per port (both LC), check the data sheets
http://www.cisco.com/en/US/products/hw/routers/ps167/products_data_sheet
s_list.html.

> Maybe this question is too far. Is Cisco going to support PPPoA and
> PPPoEoA features on GSR?

don't think so.

	oli