[c-nsp] Traffic stats on SVIs

Gert Doering gert at greenie.muc.de
Mon Jun 12 23:50:58 EDT 2006

Hi,

On Tue, Jun 13, 2006 at 12:02:36AM +0100, Jee Kay wrote:
> On 11/06/06, Gert Doering <gert at greenie.muc.de> wrote:
>
> >I know that a Cat6500 will give you all these counters (but it will NOT
> >give you MAC-Accounting on LAN interfaces).
>
> What about in the routing world? Do only higher-end routers support
> this aswell (I assume it would be per-subif rather than per-SVI on a
> router) or can I poll reliable stats from 2600s?

There has been a plethora of counter-related bugs in IOS, but generally
speaking, routers implement most of the necessary counters, and recent
IOS versions get it right most of the time.

(MAC accounting for IPv6 packets is still missing, AFAIK, but seems that
nobody beside me is complaining about that)

gert

                                                           //www.muc.de/~gert/
fax: +49-89-35655025                        gert at net.informatik.tu-muenchen.de