[c-nsp] router suggestion

Scott Granados sgranados at jeteye.com
Tue Jun 13 15:11:22 EDT 2006

Hi, I'm looking for a router suggestion as I'm not as familiar with the
entire cisco product line as I should be.

Presently, I've got a 75xx with 2 vip4-50's, 2 fast E's, one geip, 1
rsp4 and 256 mb of memory.  I'm taking 2 100 meg feeds from different
carriers, 2 full views and dropping this up on to a gig switch
(unmanaged) which hands off to a firewall pair.

I'm wanting to replace this with something similar but with more memory
so that I don't have issues when the table goes above 192K routes or so,
I'm already using 92% of my memory.

In an ideal world, I'd like to be able to push as close to 200 megs as
possible out to the world as well so I'd like to be able to fill the 100
meg segments to my carriers but don't need necessarily the full GB
available on the gig port although that would be nice.  What would folks
suggest, I don't see this growing to much larger over the next 12 months
although if inexpensive enough I might order two units and run them in
some sort of high availability configuration.

Thanks

Scott