[c-nsp] inside Static nat, need to do static port forwarding while rest of the traffic goes to different ip.

fani farhan.aleem at gmail.com
Tue Jun 20 05:55:34 EDT 2006

Following is the sh runn output regarding NAT. Please explain , What does
inside means in the following statements e.g ip nat inside source....

Does it mean that do nat at the inside interface?(which will be Fa0/0 if
issued the ip nat inside command on it)

Is is always necessary that eth0 or Fa0/0 should be given ip nat inside
and serial, dialer interface with in nat outside.
Just need to double check my understanding , in this case ip nat inside
command was issued at fa0/0 , ip nat inside source statis... will do NAT
when the packet is at fa0/0 interface.

ip nat pool nat_pool x.x.x.x   x.x.x.x. prefix-length 30

ip nat inside source list 192 pool nat_pool overload

ip nat inside source static tcp 10.1.1.4 25 x.x.x89 25 extendable

ip nat inside source static tcp 10.1.1.4 110 x.x.x..89 110 extendable

ip nat inside source static 10.1.1.16 x.x.x..90

 My second question is , as you can see above .16 is static mapped to .90,
Is it possible to nat the traffic comming to .90 to another internal ip
suppose .3  for port 25, 110.  Where as I still want to do the full nat for
ip nat inside source static 10.1.1.16 x.x.x..90
or i need to use another ip address of the same subnet suppose .91 mapped
.3?

Your reply will be highly appreciated.