[c-nsp] netflow on 7600

Tim Stevenson tstevens at cisco.com
Wed Jun 21 12:59:36 EDT 2006

The ICAM is used to handle hash collisions in the NF table. It
essentially indicates that 2 unique flows hashed to the same key in
the hardware, so the NF TCAM stores the index to the flow info for
one flow, and the ICAM (aka alias CAM) stores the index to the second.

If there are no free entries in the TCAM, or there is already an
alias entry for a hash key in both the TCAM & ICAM, then you will see
creation failures. Use the "aggregate" keyword to see the cumulative
count - the "detail" output is clear on read for the last two values,
so enter several iterations to see if the creation failures/aliasing
is happening continuously.

The ICAM is relatively small, it has 128 entries only. In general the
hash efficiency on 3BXL should give you very good table utilization,
what is your traffic mix like in this box, it is an unusual looking scenario?

Tim

At 08:13 AM 6/21/2006, Dmitry Kiselev maintained:

Tim Stevenson, tstevens at cisco.com
Routing & Switching CCIE #5561
Technical Marketing Engineer, Catalyst 6500
Cisco Systems, http://www.cisco.com
IP Phone: 408-526-6759