[c-nsp] High interrupt load on 7507

David Coulson david at davidcoulson.net
Wed Jun 21 14:00:54 EDT 2006

Rodney Dunn wrote:
> Looking at it ALL of the subints have bridge-group so all traffic
> in and out of that slot will be punted to the RSP.

So, if BVIs are a "bad idea" on the 7507, what options do I have?

1) Use some other method for L2 redundancy on the 7500. I can't do HSRP
across two dot1q interfaces :-)
2) Dump the BVIs and just connect my two 7507s to different switches and
if a switch dies, then just use HSRP to swing everything over. Might
work, seems kind of lame though.
3) Get another device (or, at least, two of them) to do all of my L2 and
connect them to my GEIPs. Let the router just do L3 routing.
4) Throw more CPU at the problem - RSP8/RSP16

What's my best option for GigE in, GigE out doing dot1q on both sides
which supports OSPF and HSRP?

David