[c-nsp] L2TP tunnel for BGP peering

Kanagaraj Krishna kanagaraj at aims.com.my
Fri Jun 23 09:34:15 EDT 2006

We were looking at Arbinet(US) to setup our L2TP tunnel BGP session. They have
a few major players connected to them. For your information we are planning to
run this tunnel through on our current upstream provider. Any thoughts on
these? Thanks

Kana

> You still have to get the bits there somehow, which is a major
> component of the price differential between Malaysia and the US.  How
> were you planning to do that?
>
>                                         ---Rob
>

> "Kanagaraj Krishna" <kanagaraj at aims.com.my> writes:
>
> > Hi,
> >
> > The reason why this was brought up by the management, is related to the IP
> > pricing difference between US and Asia. We are based in Malaysia and the
> > pricing charged by international upstream providers (local POP) is very
> > expensive. L2TP is an alternative to connect with them directly in
> US/Europe
> > at a cheaper price minus the cost of having a direct IPLC.
> >
> > Fiancial budget = Management .......  :-)
> >
> > Regards,
> > Kanagaraj Krishna

Kanagaraj Krishna
Senior Network Engineer
Network Engineering
Applied Information Management Services Sdn. Bhd.
(AIMS Sdn. Bhd.)
Ground Floor, Menara Aik Hua,
Changkat Raja Chulan,
50200 Kuala Lumpur,Malaysia.