[c-nsp] 7200VXR bandwidth points

Justin M. Streiner streiner at cluebyfour.org
Tue Jun 27 08:47:21 EDT 2006

On Tue, 27 Jun 2006, Fredrik.Jacobsson at enskilda.se wrote:

> How can one tell if oversubscribing bandwidth points causes drops on the
> bus?
> Is there a CLI command? Or perhaps SNMP?

Oversubscribing one or both of the busses by itself should not cause any
drops.  It all depends on how much traffic you're pushing through the
router.

Keep in mind that newer versions of code may disable cards that push a bus
over its 600 bandwidth point limit.  The last time I had hands-on
experience with a 7200VXR (2004) the router would complain that one or
both busses exceed 600 BW points and that was about it.

Also keep in mind that if you call in a TAC case with a router in a setup
where it's exceeding the 600-point-per-bus limit, Cisco may not provide
support.

jms