[c-nsp] GSR Engine 0 and Engine 1 Limitations - Loose RPF and NetFlow

Adam Kujawski adamkuj at gmail.com
Tue Jun 27 19:54:26 EDT 2006

I would like to enable loose unicast RPF on an Engine 0 line card, but
am not sure what kind of performance hit to expect (if any). I think
the ASIC-based line cards can handle RPF checks w/o a problem, but not
sure about the older cards.

Also, I would like to start using sampled NetFlow on an engine 1 line
card. Has anybody looked at the performance impact of a 1/1000
sampling rate on an Engine 1 line card?

I'd like to have some idea of what I'm getting myself into
(performance wise) before I start enabling these features.

Thanks,
Adam